My Computer Class 5: Subject- English Lesson 11
I have a magic box
We call it the computer.
All you do can be seen
On its monitor
It has a keyboard
And is run by a mouse
It has a processing unit
which is the brain house.
You can see me hear songs
with the headphone on
And if you want it louder
There are speakers full-on
I can play games on it
And solve many riddles,
Paint and draw and build
And get answers to puzzles.
I type my name on the keyboard
And you know what is more,
It comes out of the printer
And I can paste it on my door.
I. New words
computer, monitor, keyboard, headphones, mouse, processing unit (C.P.U.), full-on, paste, printer
II. Read and write
- Label the parts of the computer.
- Where do you put a CD into a computer?
- Where will you type your name and where can you
- What does the mouse of the computer do:
(a) It runs (b) It clicks (c) It speaks (d) It eats cheese
III. Let’s talk
- Do you use a mobile?
- Make a list of things that you can do on your mobile.
- Have you ever seen a computer?
- Where have you seen it?
- Should we all know how to use a computer? Why?
- Do you have a computer at your school?
IV. Let’s learn
Do you know the difference between biography and autobiography?
A biography is the story of a person’s life that is written by somebody else.
Bhagat Singh: The Eternal
Rebel by Malwinderjit Singh
An autobiography is a story of a person’s life that is written by the same person.
Wings of Fire- Dr. APJ Abdul
The Race of My Life-
Write an autobiography of a computer.